Programs & Services
Boise at Home achieves its mission by providing creative programs and comprehensive services for its members. Our list of available services is based on member requests and feedback.
• Support Services for Practical Daily Needs—Community volunteers assist members with a variety of services such as transportation assistance, household tasks, occasional errands, home visits and check-ins. A central office help-line matches members’ service requests with vetted, screened and trained volunteers.
• Cultural, Educational, Social, Wellness and Community-Building Programs—Boise at Home organizes its own and/or promotes existing local events, programs and classes relevant to members.
• Referrals to Information and Service Providers—Members have access to a members-only website and informational hot line providing pre-screened, vetted and sometimes discounted vendors, services and programs specifically supporting aging in place.
How Member Services Work
Our goal is to meet our members' needs by connecting them with volunteers and other resources.
Our ability to fulfill member service requests often depends upon volunteer availability. To help us provide our dedicated volunteers with ample notice of upcoming service opportunities, we ask members to request services 5 days in advance when possible.
The chart below illustrates the process:
Boise at Home membership is open to adults who are:
• 50 years of age or older, with the expectation that many members will also volunteer and offer financial support;
• Interested in social engagement and community involvement;
• Living independently without full-time care or assistance; and
• Residing within the geographic boundaries of Boise, Idaho.
Boise at Home offers two basic membership levels: individual and household. A household membership applies to a personal residence with more than one adult.
• Annual membership fees: individual $500; household $650
• Charter Memberships: The first 75 memberships sold will be discounted 15 percent for Year 1. They are available now and designed to encourage people to join before Boise at Home launches services, ensuring funds to begin initial operations. Charter Member benefits include the Year 1 discount (individual $425, household $552) and a guarantee that their base membership fee (individual $500; household $650) will not increase during Years 2 and 3 (the first three years of operation).
• Founding Memberships: For a one-time fee of $5,000, Founding Members receive a one-year membership, a guarantee that their annual membership fee will not increase during the member's life, and recognition in Boise at Home promotional materials. The fee amount exceeding the annual membership cost is tax deductible to the donor.
Apply to Join Boise at Home Now!
· Click the button below to download a copy of the Membership Application Agreement.
· Complete the application and mail, email or fax it to:
Boise at Home
1009 W. Fort Street
Boise, ID 83702
Phone: (208) 297-0730; Fax: